Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Motivational - Cookies for Christmas!

As Christmas fast approaches, we are all busy, and have lots of festivities, as well as family activities and traditions to participate in. Many of those include yummy treats like our favorite cookies. Maybe you are an experienced baker, or perhaps you are a newbie and this is your first opportunity to prepare a special plate of Homemade Holiday Love for someone special. Beth is going to start us off this week with one of her family favorites, and on Wednesday, the rest of the HoneyBees will follow with our recipe gifts for you. We hope you will share with us, too. Here's Beth! ***************************


Beth Ullman
I may be the bearer of startling news today; Do you know how many more days there are 'til Christmas? By my calculations, there are only 12 more, so I am here to motivate you to getting some baking done!!

Today I am going to share with you one of my family's favorite cookie recipes, Black Walnut Balls.


Don't they sound yummy? By the way, if you cannot find black walnuts where you live, you can use English walnuts, but the black are so much better......... Are you ready to get started? Warm up those ovens, 'cause here we go!


Here are the ingredients we will be using; this is a very
simple, easy cookie.
I made up a cute little recipe card for you in paint shop pro. Just click on the card for a larger view and save. It should print out to a 4 x 6 recipe card.
Here is the finished product, and don't they look yummy? Now, keeping them safe until Christmas is the hardest part of these cookies......think I am going to go get some eggnog and a few right now!
Be sure and check back on Wednesday to see what favorite recipes the HoneyBees have to share with you. I have given you a heads up, so we want to see your plates of cookies added to the blog on Wed!! Let's share lots of great ideas with one another!!

PS. Don't forget to leave comments, as the Blog Candy winner will be chosen after midnight on Wednesday night!

Photobucketand the HoneyBees

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Beth, they do look yummy!!! Cute recipe card!

BettyBee said...

Absolutely scrumptions, Beth!!! Can't wait to give this recipe a try. Love your tutorial :) Thanks for a great display,too!

Beth said...

Thanks girls guess what I woke up to today SNOW so those snowmen really fit the bill.

Court said...

Yummy, beth!!!! Love the tutorial! Now I'm hungry!!

Marionment said...

Yummy cookies. Its cold here in Atlanta. I think I will try this. Thanks for sharing.

Pat H said...

LOOKS YUMMY TO ME!!!!!! I found Betty again YIIPPEE

alienanessa said...

OMGosh, it's cookies like those that I absolutely adore!! I'm hoping to make those Russian wedding balls or whatever they are...tastes from my childhood are oh so rare!!