Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Faux Embossing HoneyBee Showcase and Challenge

Welcome to the HoneyBee Showcase! Today we are showing what a few of the HoneyBees have done with Monday's Motivation, and open up a challenge for you, with a great prize!!! We're also happy to report that our sweet Rosemary Bee is finally out of the hospital, and recovering at home. We are so grateful for your best wishes and concern for her. She will be back as soon as she is a little stronger. Now, on with the showcase ......
******************************

Beth Ullman

Good Wed. morning all! Welcome back to our Honeybee Showcase........today we are doing Faux Embossing and can't wait to see what you, our readers, come up with. this technique is easy but a little tedious.

On my card I used my Scor-Pal to make my embossed diamond shapes. Next I added adhesive to strips of red card stock with my small xyron, then punched little flowers out with a Martha Stewart punch and adhered them to the diamond shapes. After I finished that, I ran my brayer over the piece with some purple ink to make the pieces pop.
My image is from Whoopsi Daisy that was colored with markers.......that is it for me today. Hope you have enjoyed my card.

******************************

I made this card due to triple inspiration from Creating Keepsakes, Paper Crafts, and Betty Bee. The front covers of the current issues of CK magazine and Paper Crafts magazine enabled me :) I love the faux embossing on the cover of CK magazine and the card on the cover of Paper Crafts magazine. It was our Queen Bee herself, Mizz Betty, who inspired me to create "stripes" (faux embossing).

June Houck
I found this sheet of double-sided paper and I knew it would become my wall paper. The border is flocked ribbon from the dollar bins at Michael's. I mentioned last week that I am in love with my Cricut...the chair and chandelier are from the French Manor cartridge. My sentiment is created from an SU punch and American Crafts rub-on alphas (Katie font.) I popped up the chair with foam tape and added Heidi Swapp gems to the chandelier. Should this be my Valentine for my dh?
**********************************

Good morning!




Honey Bee Courtney Lee reporting for inspiration! :)
I did a spin-off of faux embossing using the technique, but not how it is classically used... I also didn't read all of the instructions about making a Valentine's Day Card, but I think this could still be a valentine! ;) I hope you enjoy it!



Recipe:

Cartridges: Straight from the Nest™ (the butterfly) and Picturesque™ (leaves)
Ribbon: Chocolate is from Paper Trey Ink and the pink is from my stash
Glossy Accents
Memento Ink

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to the HoneyBees for being SO supportive of me no matter when I pop in and out. I appreciate you all SO much! AND I can't wait to meet almost all of you in February for our Hive Swarm!

**********************

Now it's your turn! Using Monday's Motivation and the inspiration from the HoneyBees, show us a card, layout, or some other project using FAUX EMBOSSING, and you could be the winner of 20 yards of beautiful red, white and pink Offray Ribbon!! Just in time for Valentine's day and an upcoming challenge!!! The entries will end next Tuesday night at midnight eastern time... when our next challenge starts.

Hugs from the Hive,

Photobucketand the HoneyBees


Photobucket


start InLinkz script -->


5 comments:

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

those are so pretty!!!!

Court said...

Beth and June, your projects are totally amazing! Way to go!!!

June Houck said...

Looks like Betty Bee & the Honeybees have their buzz on :) These are terrific cards, Beth and Court!

Beth said...

Wow this was such a fun technique June and Court you both ROCKED it love your cards.

alienanessa said...

All of your cards are absolutely wonderful!! That technique is hugely something that I'll try!!! Thank you for this inspiration!