Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase - Calendar Girls

It's the first Wednesday in January, and we have our first showcase! The HoneyBees are very busy buzzing around... and a couple are out of the hive temporarily... Rosemary is still in the hospital, though she would love to be creating for you, and is checking in daily... we are hoping that she will be flying free very soon. Kristi is busy buying a new hive of her own, with an awesome new craft room, so she, June, AND Wanda are all packing up their craft stuff.... WOW!! There are a lot of new beginnings .... perfect for new calendars!!!
January is full of renewal...new resolutions, new energy, and a new calendar. I am in the midst of packing up my craft room and moving it from a small bedroom upstairs to a slightly larger room in the basement. I am excited to begin organizing my new craft room in the next few weeks. I try to make gifts for family and friends when I can, but I rarely make anything for me. I made this coaster calendar just for ME to put in my new craft room! This is a picture of me and my dd Julia snuggling last January. I love Julia snuggles :)
June Houck
These are February (me & my sister), March (my dds), April (dd Kathryn) and May (Julia).
June (my dad & dds), July (Julia @ beach), August (me, my dds, and my Grandma), and September (Kathryn).
October (Kathryn), November (my family), and December (dh shoveling snow).

What does your new calendar look like? I hope YOUR New Year's resolution is to make something for yourself :)

*****************************


Wow, it is great to be back in the Bee Hive with the rest of the HoneyBees.......how did you like Betty's calendars on Monday... totally awesome, huh?
I want to share my calendar with you today....... took me most of the day to get it done, but finally a finished product! If you would like to try making the calendar I did, please check out Deneen's tutorial over at A path of Paper.






Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have enjoyed my little project. Be sure and stop by Fri. and let us know what is going on in your world.
Supplies:

DCWV All Dressed Up

Stampin-Up-Pretty In Pink

Nestabilities

Cricut-Heritage and Story Book Cartridges

Pearl Brads

*************************


For my calendar I had found this wonderful file from Annie Lang. I really love her images and the calendar is to die for. I printed it out on White CS and stacked all the pages together. I used the Big Bite and punched three holes in all the pages at once. I used the hole protectors so the holes wouldn't tear out. I tied some pretty pink ribbon to tie them together. I'm really excited about this calendar because I've decided I will be adding embellishment to each page as the year goes on.




For January I added some Snowflake Jewels and Stickles on the snow areas.

Here is a picture of all the months... If you're interested in getting this file it is available from
Annie Lang. The file is a download and it on sale right now for only $2.99!! ADORABLE!!


Now the challenge is for YOU to create a calendar and post it here!! Follow one of our ideas, or show us one of your own, and post the link to your blog or gallery here. You could be the winner of our January Blog Candy! You will have until Wednesday, Jan. 19 to post your projects!


Photobucketand the HoneyBees




11 comments:

Court said...

Fabulous job, ladies!!! I am so proud! I'll be back in the hive soon, I hope!

June Houck said...

Beth and Wanda, thanks for the links! I agree with Court...fab job on your projects :)

Beth said...

Wanda and June love the different takes we all took.
June what a beautiful keepsake for your new craft room I bet it will put a big old smile on your face every time you sit down to create.
Wanda I love your calendar also like Annie Lang's images will be checking that link out.

Rosemary said...

hello ladies! how fun to see your awesome work once again being posted here at Betty Bees Buzz!! Yes, I am still in the hospital and really miss sharing with you my creative designs. Hopefully, this infection will clear up and I can get out of here. I have things to do and places to go..lol..Have a great week...!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

wht a great idea!

sheshie said...

yay it's the 19th...

sheshie said...

It's the 20th

sheshie said...

this challenge ended on Jan 19th and i haven't heard a word since..shana1035a@aol.com
'sharon

sheshie said...

I entered in good faith....first one ever and no one else put up anything...so i believe the blog candy is mine!
shana1035a@aol.com
sharon

BettyBee said...

Congrats, Sharon! It is yours, and I will be contacting you!!!
Love the calendar pages you did, and appreciate your participation here at BettyBee's Buzz!!!
BettyBee

BettyBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.