Monday, November 8, 2010

How can you Resist? It's Monday Motivation!!!


Welcome to our second edition of Motivation Monday! I have a tutorial that I hope you find irresistible :)

I am June Houck and I have a resist technique to share with you. For this technique, you need:
  • a solid stamp image
  • patterned paper
  • VersaMark watermark pad
  • clear embossing powder
  • heat gun
  • coordinating dark dye ink pad
  • brayer
  • tissue or old rag

Tutorial:
  1. Stamp image with VersaMark watermark stamp pad and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
  2. With dark ink brayer over your embossed image.
  3. Rub off excess ink with a tissue or old rag.
Tip #1:
My rubber stamp has 3 pears. The pear on the left is the most detailed and the pear on the right is the least detailed. I think this technique works best with stamps that are less detailed.

Tip #2:
This was my first attempt at the resist technique:
I stamped on hand-made paper and the black ink resisted the silver flowers in the hand-made paper.

Other resist techniques:
  • Stamp and emboss images on glossy paper, then using a rainbow pad and brayer over the embossed images to create a background.
  • Stamp images on white card stock with black Stazon ink. Using a white crayon, add doodles or hi-lights to the images. Sponge color(s) over images...the crayon will resist!

I hope you found some inspiration here today. Maybe this technique is new for you, or maybe you tried it years ago and are inspired to try it again. Either way, please share your thoughts. I would love to hear from you!
.............................................................

Fun technique, huh? We'll be back on Wednesday with the HoneyBee Showcase, so you can see what the HoneyBees have done with June's tutorial. What will you create? We want to see your designs and creations!
Also, don't forget that we have a honey of a box of blog candy going out to one of you!! Just become one of our followers, and leave a comment on our posts. We will pick a random winner from all of the entries on November 15th (late!)! The more comments you leave on all of our posts (since we started!!) the more chances you have! Good luck!

Have a great day!

Photobucketand the HoneyBees!

9 comments:

Kard Queen said...

Fabulous directions and a beautiful card. Can't wait to try this. Thanks June and Betty for a great project.

lauren bergold said...

both of june's cards are ♥AMAZING♥ and i am quite shocked to find that thanks to her ultra-clear tutorial...yeah...I COULD DO THAT!!! :) thanks, june!!! ♥

lauren bergold said...

ps: extra bonus points for one of the best post titles ever-- "HOW CAN I RESIST" indeed! ♥

Leslie Hanna said...

What a fun tutorial. I always forget about this technique. :) Pretty cards!

Court said...

June! I love it! Fabulous tutorial and the headline is PERFECT!

Rosemary said...

June, your tutorial was great!..Love your cards and can't wait to do a little resisting myself!..I never did this technique!!

Anonymous said...

Too over the top cool!! I have seen the technique, swore (not cursing though) I'd search for it and try it someday, and now you've placed all that right here! You heard the call...you answered! Your headline is so perfect! >3

Anonymous said...

Argh!! I didn't mean greater than 3, I meant <3...LOL

Kathy H said...

Great tutorial!