Monday, March 21, 2011

Twists with Twine

Happy Monday!  Welcome back to the Hive, and we hope you are enjoying the first weekend of Spring, (if you are here in this hemisphere!)  Did you get to see the moon, as it was at the closest orbit in years?  It was outstanding here!  We also hope you got in some fun creating time, and are ready for a great tutorial today.  Court, one of the hottest designers in the industry,  is here to share some fun with us, all about twine!   
*****


HoneyBee Courtney Lee reporting for tutorial! 
 


I have been obsessed with twine recently. It's everywhere! So today I am doing a quick tutorial on how you can use it on your projects! I hope you like the video! :) 



This is my friend Hazel's birthday card and it fits her to a T. 
Recipe:
Cardstock: kraft, Core'dinations (green), PaperTreyInk (yellow, brown, black), DCWV (light blue)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye: Stella and Rose: Hazel Collection™ (Do you like how I used "her" papers? :) I also used a bit of the Hattie Collection (blue and yellow paper)™
Twine: the Twinery in Lemon Drop
Cartridge: Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons™
Ink: Versamark
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Ribbon: Paper Trey Ink and ribbon from Betty Bee!
Glossy Accents


Please remember to come back on Wednesday to see what the HoneyBees have done with the twine challenge and play along to win a prize! :) 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh court, I was hoping to be home from the hospital so I can take the challenge. great job!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sure do love that flower and the branch and the bug!!

June Houck said...

Yay, Court! Your video is terrific and I think I am gonna have to buy some twine :)

I love your card, and I am sure your friend Hazel will love it too!

BettyBee said...

Thanks for a great tutorial, Court! The tip on doubling the twine is a life saver :) Love your card, and look forward to seeing your next projects !!

Hugs,
BettyBee