Wednesday, April 6, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase ~ April 6 ~ Baby Week

It's Wednesday, and one of our favorite days here at BettyBee's Buzz... it's the day the HoneyBees showcase their ideas from the tutorial on Monday, and their take on the theme of the week.  It is our hope that you will be inspired, and play along with us. 
This week we are celebrating BABIES!  On Monday Court shared a bee-utiful onesie card, and we're all excited about sharing our projects. 
We are starting with our NewBEE, brand new HoneyBee Judy Ford!
                                                              **********************

Since I'm the NewBEE I need the extra points so I did two cards!
They both are from Life's a Party.
This baby giraffe features such a sweet face, and an iris folded tummy.

 Look, Courtney, there's a onesie!!!

This card is embossed with Cuttlebug hearts, and has woven ribbons, Martha Stewart punched mat, and
has the cutest little duckie on the onesie!  This would be perfect for any new Ba-BEE!

********************


This week at Betty Bee's Buzz it's all about the babies (ba-bees!)  I was inspired by this card from my simply one of a kind blog friend, Chrissie Stokes.
I am in love with my cricut expression!  My onesie, ducks, and little lamb were all cut from my Wall Decor and More cartridge.  (The use of this cartridge was inspired by HoneyBee Court!)  I embossed the lamb with my Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder.  All papers, pearls, stamp and punches for this card are by Stampin' Up!  The tiny eyes for the ducks are Rhinestone stickers from Michael's.
                                                              ********************

I love baby feet!!!


Here is a layout I did for Betty!  Her granddaughter, Paisley, is just too cute and looks like grandma, too!  I love doing 'girly' pages and this was perfect for me.  I recently purchased an embossing mat from Amy Chomas which also included an embossing tip that replaces your Cricut blade.  I forgot to write down what cartridge I used for the frame; the lettering is from Cursive 101.  The border was done with my Fiskars border punch; so easy to use! I love the embossed look when used on vellum!.  Not sure if you can see it, but the mat under the photo is a glitter DCWV cardstock. Those pretty flowers were given to me by our very own Courtney at our HoneyBee Retreat in February.  Aren't they gorgeous?!!! 



********************

HoneyBee Courtney Lee

Hello! You are half way through the work week! 
I have my first ever YuDu project with you to share!

Now, I actually did these back in January because three of my friends were having boys! So I just whipped these out and I have to say, this project made me fall in love with my YuDu! You can also do onesies with the YuDu card shop! I haven't tried that yet, but I would LOVE to! :) 
The "boy" is on the back of the onesie - on the bottom. I thought it would be cute to see them crawling around with "boy" on the butt! 

I did the ducks first so I learned a lot while doing the ducks. I wasn't using enough pressure and that's the only reason there is an imperfection! :) 


Recipe:
Yudu
Cartridges: Wall Decor and More™, Cake Basics
Ink: Rain (comes in the muted 3-pack). I got it at Michael's with my 40% off coupon

Hope you like these and they inspire you to create some onesies for friends who are having kiddos! :)
***********

Wanda
For my baby project I wanted to make a onesie "Joy Fold" card.  The onesie is all one piece and folded to create the card.  I then paper pieced the edging for the sleeves, collar, and legs.  The Digi's are from Digital Delights.  The stitching is done with Sukura Pens and the buttons are Stickles.

 On the inside is "Welcome Baby" also from Digital Delights!
***********************

Betty Brett
 A special name plate card for Paisley! 
Display Card, all ready to sit on a shelf.
This is a new style card that I designed, and it will stand up, and show off the front!  I'll show you how to make these fun cards over on my blog :)

Beth Ullman

Well here I am bringing up the rear as usual but in honor of Betty's new grand baby, Paisley, I made this cute baby announcement using a onsie from the Cricut Sampler cartridge......the little onesie opens so you can add all the babie's info......hope you like it and it will give you some more inspiration.


It's your turn!!  Share your baby projects with us, and you could be the winner of a DCWV Baby Page/Card Kit! 

Happy crafting!  Hug your Hunnies today :)
and the HoneyBees





8 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous projects Honeybees!

June Houck said...

Best ba-bee post ever! I love the varied techniques in each and every project. Judy, your iris folded tummy is cute and creative! Your onesie is adorable and the woven ribbon is super yummy. Roe, an embossing mat for the cricut? Fabulous! Your LO is gorgeous, even if the beautiful supa model Paisley Ann were not the center. Court, I cracked up at the "boy" on the bumper! I'm gonna click on that Yudu link next. Wanda, I have made onesie shape cards, but I have never seen a tri-fold (joy-fold) one; love this :) Betty, all of your projects blow me away; your gifts and cards are unique and wonderful.

Hooray for the HoneyBees!

BettyBee said...

HoneyBees, you did such a great job on this baby week subject!! Your designs are so varied, and so beautiful!

Thank you Rosemary, for the wonderful surprise! I just adore the layout, and the embossing is the best!! I will definitely be getting the kit, and give embossing a try! I love that look. You have definitely given it the Roe-mantic touches!

I'm very excited about Court's onesie projects, and it is the inspiration for our tutorial next week!

June, your step card is so elegant and detailed! I love the color combo you chose, too! Lambs and duckies are so sweet for every baby.

Wanda, the card style is awesome! Love the joy fold and you made it look so finished with the great stitching lines and adorable buttons! You do such a great job coloring Wendy's images :)

OK, JudyBee, you do get extra points for TWO outstanding cards for Baby Week!! They are both adorable.

Rosemary said...

wow!!..you ladies did awesome this week!!..Love seeing all the different 'baby' ideas!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great DT!! My favorite projects to make... cutie baby ones!

Judy Ford said...

Great job Honeybees! They are all bee-utiful!!! Love all the new ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

June, that card is just sweet as the day is long! All the onesies are just wonderful!

Valerie Scott said...

I am so glad that June stopped by my blog and told me about this link up, all the baby projects are adorable. New Follower!

Valerie