Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase - Patriotic Mini Album

Happy Wednesday, and welcome to the hive!  On Monday, HoneyBee June shared her Patriotic Accordion Mini Album with us, and today the rest of the swarm will be sharing their versions.  Above is my 4 inch album for my new granddaughter's first 4th of July!
                                                                          Betty Brett
I have done this type of album as portable brag books before, and they are such a delightful surprise when opened, as they give a lot of surface for photos and journaling.
Here is one side, decorated with a few stamps and embellishments.
And this is a close-up of one section of the other side.  These fun albums can be made as long as you want, allowing for small event presentations, or scrapping a whole summer's worth of fun! 
They are very easy to make, and lots of fun to decorate.  Kids love being involved, too!  Won't you make one this week, and share your holiday celebration with us? 
                                                                 *************************
                                                                           Judy Ford

This is my version of Honeybee June's Patriotic Mini album over at Betty Bee's Buzz. I did 2 extra "pages". I plan to give it to my oldest grandson, Brock to put pictures from his adventure with his dad on Father's Day to MIS Nascar races! The good news is he can use both sides!!! Great tutorial June!!!                                                                    here it is closed!

                                                                       Judy Ford
I also made a version for grandson Jackson. His I made with the same papers from my stash as for big brother. I used the cardboard shaped mini album that I got quite awhile ago from Michael's.
will plan on putting his Nascar viewing pictures in his!!
Now you've seen mine.... link up here at Betty Bee's Buzz and show us yours!!

                                                                  *******************

                                                                           Rosemary

Thank you, June, for a simple and cute challenge for this week!!..Unfortunately, today was not such a good day, and after my doctor appointment around noon, I spent most of the rest of the day in bed.  So, it's my fault that I put off until the last minute to do my album.  I did get it done except for the inside embellishments.  Nina will be visiting me in a couple of days and this will be a fun project to finish up with her help.
                                                                *******************
Now it's your turn!  Create a patriotic mini album, of this style, or any style you choose, and link it here.  If you don't have a blog, you can email it to BettyBee's Buzz at hotmail.com, and we will be happy to link it for you! 

Have a wonderful and safe holiday to our friends in the USA.  Everyone else, we love to hear from you as well, and please have a great weekend, too!  We'll see you back here on Monday with a  color challenge for next week.... any guesses what it might be???  HA!




Photobucket
 
 
 
 

and the HoneyBees

1 comments:

Judy Ford said...

Very nice versions Betty and Rosemary! I was surprised at how easy this is to put together... love learning!!!