Wishing you lots of joy this Christmas season! June has a great tutorial for you today! It will work for fabulous last minute Christmas cards, extraordinary Birthday Cards, and terrific tags! If you are doing layouts of your Happy Holidays, these beautiful touches would make WOW pages, too! Here's June ....................
Gold heat embossing and glitter go together like peanut butter and chocolate. I think it really dresses up this beautiful "JOY" stamp. Ready for a quick tutorial to get you motivated this Monday morning?
- stamp and papers of your choosing
- gold pigment ink and gold embossing powder
- glitter glue (or art glue and fine art glitter)
- Stamp and emboss image on white card stock.
- Add glitter to specific areas one color at a time (e.g. silver dots on J and Y); allow drying time in between colors. After dots are dry, glitter holly leaves. After leaves are dry, glitter holly berries.
- Mount on metallic paper for extra "pop". I used a red metallic paper and a gold moire.
This is one of my favorite holiday cards to make. Metallic papers are tricky to photograph, but I hope you are inspired to try this technique to spruce up your stamped art work :)
The rest of the HoneyBees will be here on Wednesday to post their take on today's Monday Motivational. It would be lovely if you have time to participate and link your heat embossed/glitter accent projects!