Friday, January 7, 2011

Buzz, Brag & Bee Happy Friday - January 7, 2011

Happy Friday! This morning I am playing with 3 crafty friends: Chris, Deanna & Sheryl. I made this card for Deanna, whose birthday is coming up next week.

June Houck

I used my new Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge that dh gave me for Christmas. (I just got my Cricut in November and this is my 3rd time using it.) It took some trial and error learning how to get the different die cuts and what settings to use on various papers. I learned a lot and I am in love with my Cricut!

What I learned: Use the Multi Cut button and set blade on 4 to cut through textured card stock or 80 lb. card stock...at least this worked well for me. This did not mar my mat nor did I have bits of paper tears. The next time I use my Cricut will be much quicker and no mis-cuts :)

I have been very bizzy this week purging and packing up the upstairs of my house. We are having pergo put in the entire upstairs starting today! Then I get to unpack and move everything back. I have started packing up the basement. We are having pergo put in the basement too, after the upstairs is complete. It may be a while before I can start unpacking and re-organizing my craft room. But I am highly motivated!!!

I have two fun things to share this week. The card above is for a special challenge at My Pink Stamper. It features the "A Child's Year" Cricut Cartridge, and Robyn's three favorite colors, and the sentiments are from her "Friends and Family" stamp set.

The next is for a very special party we had at our house the other evening... a baby shower for Brianne! Isn't this the cutest diaper cake??!! It takes 90 newborn diapers, wrapped very tight, and held with tiny rubber bands. Each layer is wrapped with gorgeous ribbons, and then the cake is decorated with heat embossed butterflies. These were done with Heartfelt Creations stamps, and coordinated Nestabilites dies. Each butterfly had clear wings over the others, but you can barely make them out in the photo... sorry, it was night time, and the lighting wasn't very good. If my daughter knows the Baby's name when she does a cake like this, she will use the Cricut and create blocks, or some other design to spell out the name across the top... SO cute!
On one other note, we do send our Get Well wishes to HoneyBee Roe, who is still in the hospital. We know you share in our concern, and would like to wish her well. You can leave your comments here, and she will be sure to read them, or link over to her blog at CreativeLiberties.blogspot.com and leave them there. Get Well, Rosemary!!

Beth Checking in!!!
First off I want to wish our dear friend Rosemary a very speedy recovery.......we miss you Roe, next I just want to say give me a  WOOT WOOT WOOT I won a $30 gift certificate over at "Fred She Said" I was the winner of the Christmas Comment Wall Challenge........now off to play.

Now it's your turn!! What good news do you have to share this week?? Just leave us a comment, or if you have photos to share, link them below. Just post them to your blog, a gallery, or photobucket. We would love to share in your happiness!


Photobucketand the HoneyBees


6 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

Sending my best wishes to Rosemary. Noticing all the projects this week feature pink - must be the valentine mood going round.

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

Roe, sending prayers and hugs your way darlin!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

wanted to say that i'm in the running to be a finalist at scrapbooks etc but i need votes to continue to the finals. click on my l ink (#2) and it will take you to the voting place. grand prize is worth over $250! i think voting ends today/tomorrow? THANK YOU!

June Houck said...

Roe, I miss you!!! Get well so we can play in February :)

Cute BFF cake and the diaper cake is pretty AND clever!

Sandy, your vintage-y collage project is amazing.

Scrapbook Speedway, good luck on your LO. It is precious!!!

Barbie and Craig said...

LOVE that cupcake card!! Simple and so precious...just my style :)

Mom, I may have a better photo of the diaper cake...I think I took some. I will check and see and send one to you if I have it! It was ADORABLE (if that's not bragging too much!)

Best and Biggest get well wishes to Rosemary!!!!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!! xoxoxo

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Thanks for hosting the party. Each of the crafts shown is terrific. The diaper cake is adorable. For my daughter's baby shower, I made a diaper wreath. It really turned out cute, too.

Blessings and Happy New Year!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/