Monday, July 25, 2011

Christmas in July - Monday Motivational

Do you hear Jingle Bells and Silent Night yet?  Well, it's only five months until Christmas!!  We thought it was only right that we celebrate Christmas in July since today is the 25th, and so much of the country is sweltering, and could use a dose of cool, refreshing snowflakes!!
*******************

Welcome to Betty Bee's Buzz Monday Motivational - Christmas in July!
Today I'm going to show you how to make a snowflake out of window tags. Judy Ford


I used my Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cartridge on my Cricut Expression.
The cut is set at 2 1/4" you'll need 8 window tags for each snowflake.


I cut a snowflake from each of my "winter" cartridges:
Winter Woodland and Joys of the Season
for the center embellishment, with crystal brads from SU.

I cut my vellum into 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 (6 from an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet).
I folded a pinch fold into the center by folding the vellum in half in both directions.
The tag windows are placed in these axis to start.
First, layer to form the base cross.
Your tags will stick out beyond the edge of the vellum - that's ok!
I used my adhesive only on the top of the tag at this point.

The next layers are at right angles to the first layers.
You can start to see the "points" and with this tag the "inner" snowflake as wellOnce you have all 8 tags in place. Flip over and glue down the points to the vellum. Then you get to cut out the points to make your snowflake.
Ta dah!!! Flakes!!!


Add your inner snowflakes and brad.
I highlighted my flake with glitter glue to make it sparkle like snow.
A Stampin' Up! tag maker (lg and small) will make the window tags as well.
There will not be the inner snowflake as the tag shoulders are different!

Add it to your card base, and add ribbon embellishment to finish.
**************

Merry Christmas in July! Now you give it a try and see what your flake looks like!!!

Remember even God makes each one look different.


Link your flake project back up with us here at Betty Bee's Buzz on Wednesday.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

wow!..how totally clever is this!! I must try for sure!!

June Houck said...

Roe took the words right out of my outh...wow! You are so smart to think this up!

Judy Ford said...

scraplift from SU demonstrator who used SU lg and sm labels... I tweeked it to use Tags Bags and More... but thanks!!! I think it's neat!!!

Court said...

Fantastic job Judy!!! What a fabulous idea!!!