Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HoneyBee Showscase ~ Christmas in July


Happy Wednesday!  It's HoneyBee Showcase day, and it's Christmas in July!!  Are you ready for some cooler breezes to blow your way?  Perhaps a fresh idea or two to spark your imagination will be fun, too.  We have some cool ideas for you this week, and hope you will be joining right in with us.
******************
Hello, Welcome to HoneyBee Showcase.  Wow! Didn't HoneyBee Judy do a great job on Monday!!!!  I've really had lots of fun with Christmas In July!  This week I made this adorable little Pyramage Penguin.  I just love working with Pyramage.  It gives it such new dimensions.  You can find it over on Digital Delights.  The next card is one I did last Christmas.  I just wanted to share it with you.  It's one of my Fav's


Have a wonderful week!  Huggles


*************************



 It's so nice to post this week... it seems like it has been forever since I have shared here at the hive........Sorry HoneyBees but I think my mojo had flown south for the summer and my grandkids helped me find it today! We have been in my craft room all day creating.
I followed Judy's lead with the snowflake.  Wonderful tut, Judy, and I made mine using the Stampin' Up small and large tag punch and a tutorial from the Technique Junkies newsletter.......the sweet little image is one of Linnie's at Whoopsi Daisy Designs ... love love love snow people.
Now we want to see your Christmas in July....your turn.

*************************


Happy Wednesday!! With the weather in the upper 90s, I guess doing Christmas cards should cool one down a bit..lol..Truth is, living in Florida we can have temps in the 90s even in December. Oh yeah, it's happened and if not, it sure feels like it..lol..

I would like to thank Betty for giving me some really cute Loralie Design fabric that just happen to be Christmas designs! I added a little Stickles to make her 'Christmas Glittery'..!!

                                                       ************************
Sometimes it is said that "necessity is the mother of invention"...
Well, most of you know that I am traveling, and don't have much with me in the way of supplies,
so this shows that even with NO Christmas supplies at all, you can pull off a CAS card :)

I do have my Gypsy with me, so I have cut out a layered ornament from some aluminum foil glued to a piece of cardstock.  The Cuttlebug embossing folder might not be the one I would choose if I were at home, but the idea is there.  The red part of the ornament is colored with a red Copic marker, and there is some sparkly Stickles for bling, and the center is a great silver dome... I wish it showed up as pretty in the photo as it is in person.  Add a strip of silver and red stamped sentiment, and a bit of red cording,,, and it carries a cheerful  Holiday message.

Now it's our turn to be dazzled by your designs!  Link up your cards, layouts, projects and posts below!  We also have an email address if you want to send us info, and we will post for you.  We love hearing from you!!

Happy creating!


Photobucketand the HoneyBees
 

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, ladies!! Looks like our Christmas cards are going to be kicked up a notch this year..!!

Court said...

Wonderfully done ladies!!!

Judy Ford said...

bee-utiful!!!!