Friday, June 3, 2011

Buzz Brag and Bee Happy, Fri June 3

Happy Friday!  It's the day when we have lots to share.... things that are BUZZing, things to BRAG about, and always something to BEE HAPPY about!  And we invite you to share right along with us!

To start off, we want to announce our WINNERS, WINNERS, WINNERS of our SUMMERTIME and the LIVING is EASY challenge!  WAHOO!!!

Congratulations to our comment winner...
Kari T! said...


I am a follower!!!! Yea!!!! When I think of summertime I always think of the swimming pool and the swim team. I remember riding my bike to swim team practice with my best friend and staying at the pool all day. Getting goodies at the concession stand and tennis lessons. Wow!!! I haven't thought about all that in years!!! I love all the projects!!! Here's to summer!!!!!



Congratulations to our project winner...
                                                                      #6. Stephanie L.

:Ladies, Please send an email to BettyBeesBuzz @ hotmail.com giving us your address, so we can send your prize packages!!!  You have two weeks to respond, so don't delay!!!  Thanks SO MUCH for being a part of hour HoneyBee family, and please post our BEE on your BLOG!!




BUZZ in the BIZZ: I found this wonderful Doily Garland by Dawn McVeigh!!! Click on the picture, and it will take you to her tutorial on how to make this adorable garland.  She shows it in several versions!
Dawn's Doily Garland

BRAG:  I am honored to announce that I am now a Tutorial Artist at Digital Delights, and will be doing tutorials and videos every other Tuesday, featuring their fun and fanciful digital images.  My first video is here!  It is all about making magnetic bookmarks, and incorporating them right into a Thank You card!


These are digital images, and digital paper by Digital Delights by Louby Loo... I love digital images... you can color them to suit yourself, plus you have infinite sizes... print them out however it fits your space and style.

Betty Brett

************************

Honey Bee Judy Ford Here:

I belong to the Cricut Card Fairies thru the Cricut site. We are given missions to send cards to people who need cheering up or celebrating a milestone etc. This Mission 768 really touched my heart. The deadline is July 20th. Kristen is looking for 200+ thank you cards for our World War II veterans who are participants in the "Honor Flight". The cards she collects will be given to Veterans for an August 27th flight from Northeast, Wisconsin. The mission of the Honor Flight is to offer World War II veterans a memorable, safe and rewarding tour of honor to our Nations Capital. (average ages 80-90). They visit several sites around Washington, DC dedicated to their honor including the World War II Memorial, etc. Its Never too Late to Say Thank You. One of the highlights of a Stars and Stripes Honor Flight is the surprise Mail Call. On each flight, every WWII verteran gets a packet of mail. Please create a thank you card(s) TO a Veteran! Just address the envelope "Dear Veteran" and thank them for their service and sacrifies. (You will be signing your cards!) Cards can be patriotic or whatever you want.

Put your cards into a larger envelope and mail them to Kristen.

She will then deliver them to the Honor Flight team who will distribute your cards to our Vets!

Kristen Oxenford
PO Box 552
Green Bay WI 54305

For additional information about the Honor Flight please grab a tissue and check out this video!

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/military/veterans/old-glory-honor-flight-offers-wwii-veterans-a-special-thank-you

I second this mission.....  Let's keep a running count of how many cards we generate for this very worthy cause!   Love, BettyBee
********************


Wow!! I can't believe it's the 3rd of June already!!..Yesterday was my husband's birthday which brings him one year closer to retirement! Though he loves his job, I know he will enjoy not having to get up and head out to work 5 days a week..
Last week was vacation week and we spent a fun time at our vacation club villa.  Visiting us for the week were two very dear friends of ours from New Jersey.  Today I would like to share with you a couple vacation photos.

Here we are at Lakeridge Winery doing the wine tasting.

While the guys went fishing, the 'girls' had a pedicure, lunch and refreshing time at the pool


One of the most amazing things at the Magic Kingdom is the Electric Light Parade.  Just gorgeous!


If you get a chance to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios, you must go on the Toy Story Ride.  It is now my favorite ride at Disney World!! I was so tempted to ask the cast member to let me stay on the ride, but I saw all the excited faces waiting to get on...so....I got off..lol
Here is Mr. Potato Head, the greeter, who entertains you as you make your way through the line.


Have a great weekend!!



************************



Happy Friday!  My Buzz in the Bizz find:  I love the newest collection of Echo Park papers called "Country Drive."  I don't own them yet, but no doubt they will make it into my craft room soon :)

I have a double blog candy giveaway on my blog.  The contest began June 2nd and ends at 11:59pm EST on June 9th.

What great finds have you found in the craft world?
                                                                              ********************
We've had a lot to share this week, and we HoneyBees have a lot to be grateful for... we hope you do, too.  Our hearts go out to those of you who have been affected by the massive and terrible storms that have spread across the US.   We encourage you to reach out in anyway you can... donate your time, talents, money... whatever you have, to lift and help someone else, and make their path a little easier to travel.  You'll be surprised how much easier your burdens will be.  Blessings to you all. 

It's your turn to share!  We hope you will leave comments telling us what's the BUZZ in the Bizz, what you want to BRAG about, and what you are BEEing HAPPY about this week!!!  (By the way, we LOVED reading about your summertime memories!!!)  

We love to see what you are doing, too, so link your projects to the button below, so we can come and visit.  NOTE:  I came by several of your blogs last week, but "blogger" wasn't being very friendly, and every time I tried to leave you some Honey, it wouldn't let me ... it just kept asking me to sign in over and over... I'm sorry you didn't get to know how much I loved your work!  Please try again.

Have a HAPPY week!


Photobucket





and the HoneyBees



6 comments:

Court said...

Congrats to the winners!!! :) :) :) BEAUTIFUL card Stephanie!!!

June Houck said...

Congratulations to both winners of the Summer challenge.

Congrats to my HoneyBee sisters too: Betty for the DT spot, Judy for letting us know about the card fairies, Roe for fun with friends and family, and Court's Cricut crop today.

Rosemary said...

Congratulations Kari and Stephanie!!..And to our very own Miss Betty. What an asset you will be for this super cool site, Digital Delights!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I have had a very busy few days. This is the first opportunity I have had to get on to Blogger... all that to say, I am so thrilled to have won the summer challenge. Friday was my birthday, and this was a great present! Thank you for the opportunity and the inspiration!! Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Wow Stephanie, congrats, and that's an adorable creation!!!

Great projects!!

Kari T! said...

I cannot believe I won!!!!!!!
Yea me!!!!!!!!
Blogger has had me soooooo messed
up that I have not been on in about a week!!!!!
Thanks soooooooo much!!!!!!