Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Motivational ~ Chevrons

Happy Monday!  It's time for our weekly Motivational jump start, and we have a hot trend to share with you this week... something we're seeing all around now, and would like to thank MoxieFab Cath Edvalson at PaperCrafts Magazine for her inspiration!  Here is Judy with her take on CHEVRONS!
***************
I get to do this week's Monday Motivational at Betty Bee's Buzz.

I'm going to show you a card made with Chevrons for Father's Day!

Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a DAD!!
By definition a Chevron is an inverted V shaped pattern.

They have occurred as far back as early art including designs on pottery and rock carvings.

Well, I searched by paper stock and could not find one zig zig V shaped design!

I was shocked, but not near as shocked as my dear husband!!!
So I thought....what would Queen Betty do???

Think outside the box - square - angle.... tada

Squares cut on point would make a V..... arrow heads are a V....so, I used my paper cutter and cut this black and white square patterned paper on an angle across the squares.... It needs to be an even pattern to see the chevrons easiest..I got some silver metallic cardstock from my stash for the background. I used a Thrinchie I made for a swap on the Cricut board, and wha la.... a chevron card is born...I made this second card for my son-in-law Joseph. He's married to my oldest daughter Jennifer and is dad to my two grandsons, Brock and Jackson.

I tease him unmercifly about all his hats ~ he owns about a buzzillion ( well maybe 1/2 that).

But, he is a great Dad and wears lots of hats in his family...

dad, husband, bread winner, bowler, race enthusiast just to name a few...

I thought this little dude from Paper Dolls was so cute, so I made lots of hats for him...
Inside the card reads.... I'm the DAD....which way did they go???

So now that you've seen mine... you need to show me yours!!!

Check out your paper stock... remember you can think outside the box too....

ric rack? flying geese in quilting? what else?
Wednesday will be the Honeybee Showcase to show you how
the rest of the hive uses Chevrons!!!

Link up with Betty Bee's Buzz and show us your version.

Geometry never looked so good!!!
Thanks for joining us at Betty Bee's Buzz

 

Photobucket



3 comments:

Court said...

Great job Judy!

June Houck said...

Very creative way to create your own Chevron pattern, Judy.

Rosemary said...

Thanks Judy for sharing your creative 'chevron' juices!! Need to look through my paper and see what I can do!!