Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Motivational ~ Food Glorious Food!


Welcome to the hive for our Monday Motivational!  I must admit that I rarely feel like there are coincidences... Just wonderful things that are meant to be!  Well, it has been many weeks since we decided that our theme for this week would be "Food, Glorious Food"... it's been a song from long ago that sticks in my head, ever since my kids and I did a church "Road Show" with this theme, and you know how music has such an impact on your life... especially happy times! 
Now the fun part for today... I was doing some research, and find that our friends at Splitcoast Stampers had a great Virtual Scrapbook Night this weekend all about food, too!  Plus, I just signed up for a recipe swap over at Paper Phenomenon, which is happening next week!  Food is everywhere! It IS glorious!
 
 

BettyBrett
This weekend I made the most yummy cupcakes, and I wanted to share the recipe, plus a little tutorial with you.  These are CUPCAKES WITH A KISS!    My daughter, Tori is the undisputed Cupcake Queen, and she shared this quick and easy addition that made a mouth-watering delight!  Let's cook up some fun!

First, you will need a regular cake mix, of your choice of flavors, and the ingredients to prepare it according to the normal directions.  You will also need one Hershey's Kiss for each cupcake.  I happened to have a wonderful assortment of flavors on hand, and that made for a delightful smorgasbord of choices!  Unwrap the Kisses, and place the little paper "flag" inside the cupcake liner so it sticks out the top.  Fill 2/3 with batter, then gently press in one Kiss, and bake as usual.  No need to add additional time.  The Kiss will sink in and give a super surprise center!  Let cool and frost.

For my recipe card above, you will see that I did the recipe on my computer, and used Crafty Secrets adorable recipe birds stamps.  They were stamped with Memento Ink, Tuxedo Black for the two at the top, and London Fog for the one over the lettering, creating the illusion of it being in the background, and not obscuring the typing.  All images were colored with Copic markers. 

Create a cupcake topper with two punches, sandwiching a toothpick in the middle, using foam dimensionals.  Can you see the Kisses flag here?  This is a plain Kiss... the Dark Chocolate say "Dark", the Almond say "Almond", etc.  There are LOTS of different flavors... I had 7 different kinds today!

Here is my cupcake dessert stand for Father's Day, featuring the Necktie downloads from Shindig Parties To Go that we Buzzed about last Friday!  Didn't they turn out SO CUTE?! 

Wednesday the HoneyBees will be ready to share all sorts of Food, Glorious Food with you, and we hope you will be thinking of what you will want to create to share, too! 

Until then....
Happy creating!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Judy Ford said...

what great cupcake ideas! Can't go wrong with a KISS!!!

need to go get bee-ssy!!!!

Court said...

Yummy! I was about to have a salad for lunch and was excited about it and now I saw your cupcakes and all I want is cupcakes!! Betty, you're bad for the hips. :)

bnmwhitney said...

Thanks for the shout out mommy!! They are adorable.