Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase - Sweet Treats (Feb. 16, 2010)



Yummy, yummy, yummy!  Something good for your tummy!  This week the HoneyBees are sharing scrumptions projects all about sweet treats ... starting with Betty's Chocolate Basket on Monday, and today's delicious array of goodies!


Happy Wednesday! Sweet treats...cake (chocolate, carrot, german chocolate, coconut, hummingbird, etc.)...throw my will power right out the window. But I have the same problem when it comes to paper, ribbon, and prima flowers. Imagine my reaction when I saw this easy video tutorial on how to make a paper cupcake gift card holder!
                                                                       June Houck

One of my favorite paper crafting projects is to create different styles of gift card holders. This one is really innovative.... Just pull the cherry and "whipped cream":
I hope you give it a try, and show us pictures!!

*******************








I made the sweetet little gift bag... I must say that the Ghirardelli Caramel Chocolates are my weakness.  I love these litte squares.. LOL
The papers are Digital Delights Boy Digital papers, and the medallion is a DD Circular Birthday Sentiment.  I made the template for the bag myself... The topper is a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 square.  Finish it off with a ribbon bow... and add those yummy chocolates!

********************

One of those cartridges that I don't use very often is Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.  I wanted to make a little holder for some chocolate covered cherries, and thought I would check to see what I can use.  I totally forgot that there is a heart shaped 'box' that would be perfect for my Valentine candy!! Once I sized my box using Design Studio, it was super easy after that to decorate it to make it look pretty.  Inside are Cellas chocolate covered cherries, which I think are the best, with their clear liquid and whole cherry.  My treat to me is having one maybe once a week..:)

********************





 


Hope you caught Betty's fabulous "Sweet Treats" tutorial on Monday.....her little basket was so scrumptious looking in those rich chocolate colors.
For my Sweet Treat box today I used a little tutorial of Maria Bell's that she had posted on SplitCoast Stampers, and switched it up a little to make it look a little Shabby Chic........thanks Maria for such a cute project.
This little project was so easy to do.  I sprayed my flowers with glimmer mist so they would match my project.  I used Club Scrap card stock and SEI designer paper, and even tinted the top of my tissue paper with the glimmer mist. My swirls are done using a Sizzix die cut and I used Martha Stewart border punches on the back panel.
                                                      ***************************
Well, I'll bet you have some really great treat ideas to share this week, too!  Just post your blog, SCS, or gallery link below!  All entries will be entered into our Feb. Blog Candy give away ....

BONUS!!!!  In honor of the HoneyBee Retreat that is happening in just a few days, IF we have over 25 entries, those entries will be entered into a drawing, and FIVE will be winners of a very special gift being custom made just for the HoneyBees!!!  (Now, I can't show you what it is, because the HoneyBees don't know about it yet, either (shhhh), but I promise you'll like it!)  So, post your projects, tell your friends, link about it, and generally help spread the word, if you can!  It'll bee fun!

Happy creating ~

Photobucketand the HoneyBees

7 comments:

Court said...

You honeybees just knock my little socks off! I can't wait to see you! :)

June Houck said...

Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering over these sweet treats paper creations.

I am so excited about our HoneyBee reTREAT. I am packing today and I will be on the train tomorrow :)

Rosemary said...

Ladies, you out did yourselves once again!!..Your work is so inspirational!..I am so excited knowing I will be seeing June again and meeting Court for the first time!!..Beth, I so wish you could be with us..:(

Anonymous said...

June, you're the best!!! I wouldn't have thought of my Andes mints cylinder cum wine holder as applicable to this, but you're genius!! Thanks so much for the sweet email too!! Love your dearheart to the moon and back! Absolutely wonderful projects here, Bees!!

Judy Ford said...

How wonderful to make sweet treats even more appealing!!! Bad news for the waistline but good use of all my yummy papers! Thanks for the inspiration and have fun at your retreat!!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

wow! such wonderful projects!

lisa808 said...

I just linked a Tea for Two holder that I made this week.