Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Wedding for Rosemary's Son!

Yes, the long awaited day has come! Elizabeth and Joey are getting married today!!
Congratulations to Rosemary and Joe, too... the very proud parents. All of the HoneyBees are very happy for everyone :)
Roe and Elizabether were kind enough to share with us some of the spook-tacular things they have been making for this wedding.... though Elizabeth held some back to share with us next week, so she could hold that "WOW" factor even for Roe!
May their most unusual, and charming wedding always lead toward "Happily Ever After"!
~~~~~ ^ _ ^ ~~~~~
Hi and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I wanted to share with you a little of what is happening today! My son Joey is getting married!!! Now we know how fun Halloween is, but having a wedding today is going to be super fun. Elizabeth, my soon to be daughter-in-law, wanted a formal wedding with just a touch of Halloween thrown in. My son, who loves horror movies and the macabre, found the perfect mate who was just as thrilled to make this the day of their wedding!

I was excited when Elizabeth asked me to help with some of those touches that brings this wedding a little on the outside of norm.

First was 'Save The Date'. Putting their photo on a post card, and using the right fonts, set the theme in motion. Sorry, I don't remember the fonts that were used. Elizabeth added ribbon, flower and button and mailed these in clear A2 envelopes.


Next came the invitations! Using black Core'dinations with a terra cotta color background, Elizabeth had a clear vision of what she wanted to send out. A Martha Steward ribbon punch was used as a slider; (too bad the spiderweb wasn't out in the stores at the time this was done); I still love how the invite looks! The photo mat was cut using A Child's Year, and the spiderweb from Paper Doll Dress Up, with the Cricut. The RSVP card was hand stamped.



Elizabeth was so clever to come up with this idea for the seating chart...Black branches with tombstones hanging down!! Once the table has been assigned, she will then put the table number with the name.



Here are some fun 'candy' bags the guests will receive.


She has done more, but wants me to be surprised. I know haystacks and pumpkins will be used, and the flower girls will carry fall baskets with real leaves. Yes, this is an outside wedding and it's going to be beautiful!

I was able to get a photo of the cake topper. Now, you have to understand this IS Halloween and this is something that shows the kind of humor Joey and Elizabeth are incorporating into their wedding.
~~~~~ ^ _ ^ ~~~~~
And the Mother of the Groom will be dancing with her son to the hauntingly beautiful Lullaby from 'Rosemary's Baby'! Now, isn't that sweet?!!! But, of course!
All the best to the happy couple! You can leave them a message of love and cheer here in the comment section! (And be sure to come back next week to see what other surprises Elizabeth has up her sleeve (or will it be under her hat???) Who knows?
We hope you have enjoyed our EEK WEEK presentations, and invite you to be here on Monday morning for our first regular TUTORIAL!! We'll be ready to introduce our new line up, and let you know how our weeks will be going,,,, plus the blog candy we've been promising is here, and ready for you!! And, I've seen our new blog design (draft) and I'm loving it! I don't know if it'll be quite ready for the unveiling on Monday, but VERY soon!
Happy Halloween! Have a safe and fun Trick-or-Treat :)
Happy creating ~
BettyBee and the HoneyBees!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I absolutely love this whole post and idea of a Halloween wedding!! It's my favorite holiday, and this just tops them all!! Congrats Joey and Elizabeth!! If they get posted here, I absolutely can't wait to see the photos! I soooooo wish I'd have thought of this for MY wedding 8 years ago! You guys ROCKETH!!!

Court said...

Congrats to Joey, Elizabeth, Roe, and family! How fun is this going to be?!?? I can't wait to see what else she had up her sleeve.

I wish you two many many happy years together!

Diane said...

What fun to have this special on your favorite day.

lisa808 said...

Wish I was invited to that wedding!!! Sounds like fun, fun, fun. Best wishes to the couple.