Friday, November 26, 2010

Buzz, Brag & Bee Happy Friday 11/26

Hello again, on this fabulous Friday (after Thanksgiving here in the USA!) I know many of us have been up all hours shopping for those great bargains on Black Friday super sales. I have been on the phone with my daughter in PA, as well as texting with a couple of our HoneyBees, as we've been scouring the stores for those extra special gifts for our loved ones! Did you go out? Did you shop on-line? Are you finished your Holiday shopping? What was your best deal?



On Monday I posted the Monday Motivational from a very unusual place (my hospital bed!) and was unable to bring you the pieces that I wanted to do... and I want to publicly thank the HoneyBees for stepping up and doing a wonderful job in my absence. Thank you all for your prayers and concern. My doctors are working hard to figure it all out, and I have much to be grateful for. I am beginning to feel better. I'll keep you posted :)

Here is one of the pieces I was working on for you.


This plaque is from Michael's, and is 6 x 24. I painted the board with acrylic paints, and then added the lettering and Cricut cutouts.


Santa is cut from the Chritsmas Noel cartridge, and I colored his face with Copics. His hat brim and ball are done with Sparkle N Sprinkle's "Sparkle Soft" flocking with glitter in it, which was applied with their Dimensional Glue.... this stuff is great, because it holds it's shape. The beard is also the Dimensional Glue, but the flocking is plain white, without glitter. The holly cuts are from Joys of the Season.

Around our house, when you stop believing in Santa Claus, he stops coming...

so everyone always believes!
**************************




I am very excited to share some news that I've been sitting on! On Sunday the Special Holiday Sampler Edition of SNR Magazine debuts, and my JOY candle has been chosen to be featured! I do hope you will check out this wonderful online collection of fabulous holiday cards, layouts, home decor ideas, and all kinds of fantastic projects!

**************************************


I had a couple of November birthdays to remember, so I made this card using my BasicGrey Nook & Pantry 6x6 papers and coordinating acrylic stamp set. The inks are by CTMH, the ribbon from my stash, and the white gel pen (faux stitching) is Signo Uni-ball.
Hi, I am HoneyBee June Houck. I made a second card from the scraps in my BG 6x6 pad. I love to use up scraps :)
Do you use your scraps or toss them? How do you use your scraps? I hope you leave a comment and share...until then, have a scrap-tastic weekend!


************************






It was such a busy week that I didn't get to do the layouts I wanted to get done for today. So, what I would like to do is show you a couple of the photos that I printed and will use on a layout. Of course, this give me a chance to brag a little about those in the photos...:)



This is my beautiful granddaughter, Nina. She made a comment that she is 'always a flower girl' so we told her she was a junior bridesmaid. This photo is from Joey and Elizabeth's wedding.



This is my cutie pie grandson, Ian. He was so proud and took his job carrying the rings very seriously. Don't you just love that pillow?!


My two handsome sons!..Jeff, on the left, is dad to Nina and Ian and was best man for Joey. For those that don't know, Joey and Elizabeth were married on October 31.


We would love to hear what you would like to brag about! Leave comments and photos :)

******************


Beth Ullman

Good morning to all our readers! I haven't had time to do much crafting this week...... but I have some good news this week ... I make my Design Team debut on Whoopsi Daisy's team on Sunday! I am so excited, because I just love Linnies digi's.

Hope everyone in the USA had a fab Thanksgiving. I know one thing, my bunch sure did stuff themselves. No shopping for me today, but I did do some shopping over at StampingScrapping last night. Cindy is having a wonderful Black Friday Sale.

I have one picture to share today. These are my girls (daughter and 2 granddaughters) and I think they are just beautiful.


Hugs, Beth

******************************

Don't forget to stop back for Monday Motivation and see what our HoneyBee has to share with us. We will have a sponsor and prize next week!!!

Please leave us a comment, we love hearing from our guests. Don't forget to upload pictures of your vinyl projects to our Wednesday HoneyBee Showcase page :) You have 30 days before the link closes. We WILL be having BLOG CANDY again :)

Photobucketand the HoneyBees



5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Congratulations Wanda and Beth!!!..Betty, I love that plaque! June your cards are awesome as usual; gotta love scraps!

lisa808 said...

Betty, hope you are feeling better. So sorry to hear you were in the hospital.

Thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful family photos.

Court said...

Fantastic Honeybees!!! Betty, that plaque is gorgeous! June, your cards are so cute even my husband said, "I like that card!" Congratulations Wanda! And Beth! how fabulous! :) Roe, you have such a beautiful family. What a blessing. :)

BettyBee said...

Hey, great shopping today! We found Cricut cargridges for just $4.99 at Michael's!!! Wahoo! Also found Cricut Cake accessories at 90% discounts - WOW!!!
What were your best bargains?

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you've not been well. Hope you're up and at 'em soon!

Thanks for linking all these wonderful projects to my party. I look forward to having you join me each week.

By the way, I just joined you as a follower.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com