Wednesday, November 10, 2010

HoneyBee Showcase - Resist Images

Happy Wednesday! I hope you couldn't "resist" June's Monday Motivation on how to use heat embossing, clear embossing powder, and some ink to create some gorgeous designs! Today the HoneyBees are just buzzing about their new creations! Take a look :)

I decided to use June's awesome post as inspiration to do something subtle with resisting using heat embossing. My resist is where I inked over where the sentiment is, leaving it bright in the center, where the "so" is. I hope you enjoy it! :) Here is the link to my blog post!

Recipe:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket: Earth Love: Repeat™, Cosmo Cricket: Nutmeg: Maple™
Card Stock: Paper Trey Ink™
Ribbon: Paper Trey Ink™
Stamp: My Mind's Eye: Lost and Found: Madison Avenue "Pretty" Stamps™
Embossing Powder: a la Mode™
Sentiment: Tiny Type Letters by Cosmo Cricket™
Tree Sticker: EAD Designs Fall Harvest™
Embossing: A2 Script Texture Emboss Folder™
What look like mini brads: Imaginisce Glam Rocks - Pearl
Imaginisce iRock


********************



I am so excited to show you my first card using the resist technique!..A big thank you to HoneyBee June for the great tutorial and push to try something new.


For the stamping part of my card, I used Art Gone Wild glossy paper. My pear stamp is from Just for Fun and I thought it would work well for the colors I wanted to work with. After stamping, I embossed it with Custer's Last Stamp detail gold embossing power. First, I used Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade distress ink and made circular motions with his ink pad squares on the holder ( I know it has a name..lol). Then I used Walnut Stain distress ink and did the same thing over the first color,.and went back and forth a couple of times until I got the look I wanted. Finished the edges with Staz-On ink. I then took a paper towel and rubbed over the embossing to remove any ink that was covering up the gold. I used DCWV for the card and Core'dinations cardstock for the mat. Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder was used along with Prima and Wild Orchards flowers. For the border on the card, I used Fiskars Treading Water punch. For a little added dimension, I curled thin strips of the brown cardstock.

This was so easy to do and I love how creative you can be doing this. There are no two the same, which means there are no mistakes!..Love it!!


*****************************



Wasn't June's tutorial on Monday fantastic? Hope you will join us HoneyBees and show us your take on the tutorial. Mine is not as pretty as June's, as I need to do some more practicing!




Not sure this was the right stamp for this tut, but it is one of my favorites. It is made by Stampabilities. Paper is from Stampin-Up and I used vintage photo distress ink on my background. It really did turn out nicely after all :)

******************************



Betty Brett
I just couldn't resist! I followed June's tutorial, and created a fall card with clear heat embossing on patterned Imaginisce paper, and let the pattern shine through brayered dark ink! What fun this was!!


The details and raised image make it a delightful way to create a very interesting texture and shine!
*****************************
Now it's your turn! Use any resist technique... ours, or another of your choosing, and come back to share your creation right here at the BeeHive! Post the URL of your post at INLINKZ below. You will be entered into the BLOG CANDY drawing to be held very late next Monday night! (There is a 30 day ending to our LINKZ postings, but our blog candy give away is next week).
Happy creating, and we'll see you back here on Friday with BUZZ, BRAG, and GOOD NEWS!

Photobucketand the HoneyBees!



3 comments:

June Houck said...

HoneyBees, I am over the moon (hive?) over your cards!

Court, you took the technique and added a trendy sentiment...so smart. I think I need those Cosmo Cricket letters! Gorgeous card, as always :)

Roe, we both went with pear stamps (I have a drawer full myself). Great take using the gold embossing powder and Tim's spiced marmalade. BEE-utiful!

Beth, I think your card is terrific! Very cool idea to use those deer. You've inspired me to pull out my animal stamps to see if I have a solid one to use with an animal print paper. What a great card; can easily be for a female or masculine card. Thank you, for the inspiration, girlfriend :)

Betty, your card is perfect: swirly green background, stitching, leaf embellies, and yummy patterned paper...BEE-utiful.

Thank you, Ladies, you all made me smile!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, great job ladies!! I love the whimsy of Courtney's card, and the technique on Betty's card sure is spot-on!! I would absolutely LOVE for it to be easier on here to comment. I'm on Wordpress, and to comment on here (which I love doing), I go through 5 to 6 steps that don't necessarily need to happen. Please help!!

BettyBee said...

Thanks for the info, AlienAnessa... I will try to find out what the issue is. We surely want to have your comments!
BettyBee