Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HoneyBee Showcase - Table Tent Cards and Blog Candy Winner

Happy Wednesday, one and all! I hope you have had fun with Rosemary's Monday Motivation tent card tutorial. The HoneyBees have created some really delightful pieces to share with you today. We hope you will make some, too, and link them to our LINKZ at the bottom of our post.


We also want to announce the winner of our very first BLOG CANDY! Congratulations to


AlienAnessa!!!


Send your address to BettyBeeDesigns@hotmail.com and I'll get your package to your right away. You have one week to respond, or we will have to choose a new winner. Congratulations, and thank you for all of your bee-autiful comments!! We really appreciate all of you!


******************************************
On to the Showcase of HoneyBee projects ............
****************************

I was so delighted with Rosemary's tutorial from Monday, because it worked like a dream with each set of my holiday dishes! Oh, what fun!!

BettyBee


This is my good china, and I made these Pilgrims from the Thanksgiving cartridge, the Victoria Cuttlebug folder, and the beautiful copper and gold leaves are also cut from a Cuttlebug die.

These are the dishes I use for the Christmas season. I just love the holidays, and a festive table every day really sets the mood for the whole family. This Jolly Santa is from a digital image that I have had for a long time, and I apologize for not knowing where to give credit. The Holly Leaves are from the Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons Cricut cartridge.


These are my party dishes! I love that they say Cheer, Joy, and Celebrate right on them! Again, I have carried the theme of the dishes to the napkin holder by heat embossing the snowflake die cuts (another Cuttlebug die) and the Reindeer from the Joys of the Season cartridge. I used the flip feature on my Expression to get it to face left, like the plate. Easy!
I hope you will take a look at your dishes, and see if you find inspiration there, too! Create your tent placecards and/or napkin holders, and link them to LINKZ at the bottom of this post for all of us to see!!
Photobucket

********************************

Roe, I loved your quick & easy tutorial. I made mine in less than 30 minutes! My mom is coming for dinner tomorrow and I thought this would be a nice surprise for her.
Hi, I am HoneyBee June Houck. I cut a decorative die using my Cricut and the French Manor cartridge with black card stock. My decorative paper and coordinating chipboard piece is from The Paper Company Studio Secret Garden collection. The decorative brad is from Hobby Lobby and the chipboard piece is mounted on Bazzill Bling die cut with a square Nestibilities and punched with an SU border punch. I am thinking of making one for dh to spruce up dinner tonight :)
******************************************

Beth Ullman

Good Morning I am here to share 2 projects today. The first being Rosemary's beautiful place card, and the second is one I did for my grandchildren....can't leave the little people out!



I used some beautiful leaf paper made by DCWV for my background. I then added those gold glittered leaves that I cut out using a Sizzix diecut. The pumpkin is a Cuttlebug cut and emboss set. I added some more darker leaves to help set it off.



Now this cute little fellow I found here on Qbee's Quest . Doesn't look quite as cute as Brenda's and I could not get my colors to show just right, but I know my grandson will think it is cool...... I hope you will show us your place cards, you know Thanksgiving is only a week away
*************************************
Courtney Lee

I found myself saying, "Thank you Roe for making my life so easy." out loud while I was doing this project. So THANKS ROE!
Anyway, here is my version of it. Jim is my dad so this will be his place-setting for Thanksgiving!

Recipe:
Paper: Imaginisce Apple Cider Line: Changing Leaves™
Card Stock: Paper Trey Ink Pure Poppy™
Stamp: Imaginisce Apple Cider Line: Snag 'em Ups: Frame™, Martha Stewart Alpha Stamps™
Cartridge: Thanksgiving™
Filigree Gold Heat Embossing Powder from Paper Trey Ink™
Heat tool by EK Success™
Glossy Accents™
Button Twine by Paper Trey Ink™
*************************


For my table tent, I wanted to make something special for each of my family. I used the cute little Turkey from Digital Delights. The paper is from DCWV. I colored little Tim with Bic markers. On the back is a circle that I will write a special message to everyone. Telling them what quality of theirs that I'm thankful for. Huggles everyone and have a fabulous week.
******************

Kristi Driscoll

These two little fellows are for two very special little men in my life, my two nephews. The downloadable image is from Digital Delights and was colored with Copics. The borders are a Martha Stewart punch, sparkled with Stickles. The design is finished with a strip border, threaded with a ribbon, and matching bow. Add a heart name tag.
**************************
Great ideas here, and we hope you are inspired to give our table decor project a try! Come back with a photo, and link it to LINKZ below. I know some of our readers are unsure how to do this, if they don't have a blog. The easy way is to upload your photo to your computer, and then to a free account at http://Photobucket.com When you upload your photos to photobucket, there is a URL assigned to the photo that will allow it to be posted on blogs and galleries. Very easy and free! We have also had the question asked about leaving comments, if you don't have a blog... that, too, is easy... open a free GMAIL account, if for nothing else than just so you can click the GOOGLE ACCOUNT dot, and you're in, without a lot of fuss! With some blogs you will still have to type the scrambled word to prove you're human, but that's a security thing to prevent scams. I hope this has been helpful. See you again on Friday with more Good News!

Photobucket and the HoneyBees

8 comments:

June Houck said...

Oh, these are all BEElightful, HoneyBees! Roe, I agree with Court...you made these super easy and they were so much fun to make. I will be doing this again for sure.

Congrats to my Alien for winning the blog candy!!! Whoot whoot!

Rosemary said...

Wow!!..You girls rocked this table tent card! I love seeing all the creativeness with one simple template. Beth, I know the kids will love their special tent card. Thank you, ladies, for our kind words!!♥

Congratulations, Alien!!!

lauren bergold said...

what a fun and clever idea to dress up a holiday table! and each DT sample is utterly lovely and completely unique! FABULOUS!

Court said...

Great job Honey Bees! How fabulous! And they were oh so easy! :)

Congrats Alien! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww, thanks ladies, I am totally honored and absolutely thrilled. And I'm truly grateful for the inspiration on here. Holy cow, I won't be wanting for things to create!!
1. Betty, love those pilgrims, the little flourish thingies, and the background!
2. Santa and the holy are way cool!
3. Loooove that reindeer and your plates!!!
4. June, I already oozed about your creation on your blog - I love it for so many reasons!
5. Beth, All that glittery goodness is yummy! And that treat cup turkey...well, that's another cool inspiration that I'll try!!!
6. Courtney, love that leaf and the Jim embossing!
7. Wanda, that turkey and those papers are superb! His little sign makes me smile!
8. Kristi, great job on those angels! I'll bet they look absolutely fab up close!!

lisa808 said...

Congrats Alien!

Thanks for more great placecard inspiration.

Rosemary said...

Wanda and Kristi, toooo cute!..That turkey just cracks me up and Angel Alexander is just precious!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I just noticed that in my post above, #2, I typed holy instead of HOLLY! Ugh. I'm really not that lame!! =)