Wednesday, May 4, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase - Happy Mother's Day!

It's Wednesday in the Hive, and we are honoring our Mothers, and those who have a special place in our hearts because of the influence they have in the lives of children.  They could be Daughters, Grandmothers, Aunts, other family, friends, teachers ... those good examples who have shown us the way.  We honor you!
                                                                          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
We also have the added treat of Judy's tree tiered tutorial from Monday!  My card above (shhh, don't tell Mom about it, because I don't think she'll see it here before Sunday!)  is closed up, and here is the full view:
It says "Making memories with you is one of my favorite things to do!"  Isn't that the truth?!  I hope you will make some memories with someone special this week ♥

My first inspiration for this style of card was this one, based on the news of this week, and the stamps that were laying on my desk... these patriotic ones.

 I really like how this one turned out.  God Bless the USA!


Betty Brett

I've put the recipes for the cards here on my blog.

************






Honey Bee Courtney Lee

Today we have been challenged to make a Mother's Day card. Judy did a fabulous tutorial on Monday on how to make a three tiered slider card. I didn't have the instructions with me at the crop, so I just made a mother's day card. I will definitely be using her tutorial in the future, but I still wanted to participate this week though! :) 

This is the Mother's Day card that is going to my mom this year. 

Some cards come easily and some you just fight with and this is one of the latter. I was at Monique and Wendy's Crop for a Cure and this is like the 17th iteration of this project. I kept moving things and changing things until I liked it. I do like it now, but it was an ordeal to get here! haha.


Recipe:
Crop-a-dile
Eyelets
Ink: Colorbox in black and Momento in Cocoa
Twine from Paper Trey Ink
Black pen is Sharpie
Ribbon: Offray
Foam dimensional tape
*********************
My dh's step-mother loves Asian-themed everything.  I made a set of cards as a gift for Mother's Day. I used the iris folding technique that we demonstrated last week.  I have a video tutorial today on my blog, if you wish to view it.  This is my first time ever making a video, so your helpful comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Here is the set:
 and one close up:
I used Hero Arts papers and a Magenta frame stamp.
*********************

It's been a long time since I made this slider card and thought now would be a good time to make one!..I made this Mother's Day card for my daughter-in-law, Samantha.  Once you make the slit on the card for the 'pull', you just need to cover the inside and cover the back so you don't see the cut you made.  I wish I had the right 'thank you' stamp because I would rather use that instead of the letters for this particular project. 
Here is what the pull tab says...


***********
Beth Ullman

Here I am bringing up the rear again I wasn't going to do this challenge as I just couldn't get my brain working to try Judy's technique than when I saw the other HoneyBees cards I saw I could do what ever I like so here is my take on Mothers Day........I did a White On White card which is a technique from Technique Junkies hope you like.


Now it's your turn!  We want to see what you are creating for Mother's Day!!!  There is a link below for you to post your cards, layouts, altered items, home decor, cakes, home made gifts, etc.!  If you want to wait until after Sunday, so you won't spoil the surprise, that's OK, because the link will remain open for another whole week!    You can also email your entry to us at BettyBeesBuzz at hotmail.com, and we'll post it for you!   We want to come visit your blogs! 


Photobucketand the HoneyBees

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

wow, awesome cards!!..Betty, both are so cool; mom is going to love her card!!..Court, I love the cuts you used! June, I love Asian and using the Iris fold works perfectly..!!

Judy Ford said...

wow wow wow!!! we sure have lucky moms to get such bee-u-ti-ful cards! Love them all!!!

June Houck said...

Gorgeous creations Betty, Court, and Roe! I am so glad to be a HoneyBee with you gals :)

Court said...

Gorgeous creations gals!!!