Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HoneyBee Showcase - Summertime, and the Living' is Easy

It's time to get ready for Memorial Day weekend, and the official opening of summertime... what did you do in the summer when you were a kid? Do you remember skate keys? banana bikes? hide and seek? the ice cream man? catching lightning bugs? camping under the stars?  cruising the strip? checking out the boys? going to the lake?  The HoneyBees have created some sweet summertime inspiration for you this week!  Let's buzz down memory lane!
                                                           *************************
When I think of summer I remember lots of fun times with our family reunions at Great Falls Park in Virginia!  There was a lot of great food, the old merry-go-round with the brass ring, and the Potomac River with the amazing view of the rapids. 

Betty Brett

 I also think of the LAST DAY of SCHOOL which is quickly approaching!!  My daughter has the sweetest tradition of meeting all of the kids with lots of special treats and a big end of school party.  She is the "Cupcake Queen" and I know she will love to make these themed cupcake wrappers... but it's really fun to carry your theme to water bottles, treat cups, and other cool projects.  This is just a "sneak peek" of my entire party pack!  Check out my blog for the rest of the story!
Sun and Here Comes The Sun paper are from our friends at Digital Delights!
Cupcake wrapper for cupcake and treat cup are from Cricut Life's A Party cartridge.

                                                         ************************





   Happy Wednesday!  Here in the hive we are thinking of summer.  In my mind, summer is about chintz or polka dot patterns, blueberries, and watermelon.  I tried to capture those ideas in my card.

  I found this Hero Arts stamp at my LSS in the 50% off bin.  I immediately thought to stamp on kraft card stock and color with my prismacolor pencils.  When I was creating this card, I was on Skype with HoneyBee Court Lee.  It was Court's inspiration that inspired me to add the scallop border (MFT Die-namics) and the crinkled ribbon at the bottom.  I *heart* red and polka dots, so this fun paper by October Afternoon caught my eye.  I added some bling hot rocks with m i-Rock tool...done :)
*********************
HI!! IT'S ME, ROSEMARY!!

I am not home, so I don't have access to all my photos. There is no photo of me to welcome you, but.....you will see me in a digital layout  I did with limited software on my laptop. 
*****************************







Honeybee Courtney Lee here to share a slice of watermelon. 



This week's theme is "It's summertime and the living is easy". My mom used to cut up watermelon for me every morning and I had it for breakfast, so when I think of summertime, I think of her and watermelon. 
Recipe:
Paper: Echo Park: Summer Days "Scallops"™ (from Artful Delight May Kit)
Cartridge: Designer's Calendar
Embossing: D'vine Swirl Emboss Folder
Buttons, ribbon, and twine: PTI

Next month's kit from Artful Delight will be revealed soon and I LOVE it! I know you all will too!

************************

 For my project this week I chose a card with summer colors and what says summer like flowers.

Beth Ullman

When my life slows down a little I may be on time again the next 2 weeks will be a little hectic and I can during the summer so busy busy busy.

Okay back to my card this weeks project uses a technique from Technique Junkies called Embossed Triple Cuts from the Emboss or Die CD my Digi image is one of Fred's from Fred She Said I did a little paper piecing on it and colored with Copic's  embossing folder  Cuttlebugs Kassie's Brocade all card stock Bazzill and used a couple different Nestabilities.

TWO PRIZES THIS WEEK!!!!!   One for being a follower and leaving a comment!!!  One for being a follower and entering a project!  YEP!  The HoneyBees would LOVE to hear what you remember most about summertime, and we will randomly choose a winner, and that winner will receive a SUMMERTIME PRIZE PACKAGE of FOUR SIZZLET FLOWER DIES, 10 yards of sheer Summery Ribbon from Offray, and an assortment of Summer Buttons!!!  We want to see what you create that reminds you of summer, and that randomly chosen winner will receive a SUMMERTIME PRIZE PACKAGE of FOUR SIZZLET FLOWER DIES, 20 Yards of sheer Summery Ribbon from Offray, an assortment of Summer Buttons, a package of Sizzix Pastel Papers, and a Summertime Stamp!!!! Pretty cool, huh? 

We're excited that you're here!  Thanks for buzzing by today!


Photobucket
and the HoneyBees

15 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

One of the things I liked most about summertime was being able to stay out longer as it was light until late & school holidays fishing for tiny fishes with my little sister and staying cool in the river.

Joan V said...

Oh, I love summertime. Every Sunday, we would go to Brady's Run Park, in PA for a picnic, wading in the creek to catch crayfish and swing on the pump swings. (Had to be there to know what the pump swings are) We always had potato salad, picnic chicken and WATERMELON. YUM.
joanvanc@gmail.com

Joan V said...

Oh, forgot to mention that I have been a follower for a good while. Hope to get a project made today.

June Houck said...

Betty & Roe, I love your fun-in-the-sun projects. Court, you had me at watermelon :)

Kari T! said...

I am a follower!!!! Yea!!!! When I think of summertime I always think of the swimming pool and the swim team. I remember riding my bike to swim team practice with my best friend and staying at the pool all day. Getting goodies at the concession stand and tennis lessons. Wow!!! I haven't thought about all that in years!!! I love all the projects!!! Here's to summer!!!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I have always lived in NJ less than an hour from the coast, so summer is beach, beach, beach for me! Watermelon with pits, catching lightning bugs in glass jars with holes in the top, the sound of the ice cream truck when I was already in bed and the excitement when I was allowed up and out to get a treat! So many wonderful memories, visions, scents of summer!!!! I love this blog - I am a new follower. Can't wait to play this one!!!!

Arlene said...

I am a follower! When I think of summer freedom comes to mind...late nights, pool, ice cream, no homework, just relaxing! :)

Trish and Treasure said...

I've been a follower for a while, I came over to see what you busy bees have been up to. Summer when I was a kid was in the pool keeping my cool, eating home made ice blocks nothing has changed 4 decades later and now I do the same with my kids!

Judy Ford said...

Wow, wow, wow! Great job Honeybees!

Summer is such a wonderful time of year.

Thanks everyone for sharing your memories and your projects!!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Summertime as a kid meant hanging out with my sisters, summer clothes and running around bare foot!

Kimberly

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I remember catching Fire Flies, we used to have to much fun running around with glass jars watching them glow!

Great summer projects! Already a follower!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great DT! We are well into summer here in Arizona we have already hit 102!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi there!

The follower box were going awol so i wnt in the backway to enter as a follower, lol. Beth told me to enter so i just had to obey her, lol. Now i just have to cross my fingers and hope i get lucky. Hugs...Mona

Anonymous said...

Super cute projects!

Anonymous said...

Neat projects. June, that image on the craft and all colored so cute, I absolutely love it!!