Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Motivational Summertime Bag Album

Every Monday at Betty Bee's Buzz one of the Honeybees shares a special project with you on the Monday Motivational.
This week my project is dedicated to Summer time, and my youngest grandson, Jackson. When I asked him what he had planned for summer vacation he rattled off a whole list of things: Enjoying the sunshine, playing at the lake and riding the innertube behind Grandpa's boat, having adventures at the zoo, making s'mores with Grandpa, lots of ideas. SSSSOOOOOO, I made him a lunchbag album to hold some of the pictures and treasures. I started with 3 white lunch bags. Then I sewed down the bottoms to make pockets, alternated the openings of the bags and sewed down the center to make the album.
I used the Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge. Several of the title words worked well into Jackson's wish list.
The papers I used were from All About Boys and an old Summer stack.
I used Paper Dolls for Jackson's s'more page. The pockets have removeable inserts from cardstock -here they worked out to be 3 1/2 x 4 1/2- slip a ruler inside your pocket and measure what will fit width and length - we can put a picture or journaling or something on the pages.
Jackson loves fishing in Grandpa's boat. So I put two inserts with fish - 1 coming - 1 going for his pictures of his catches. He's all boy and will be outside as much as possible - if Michigan ever gets a heat wave - we'll have a place for some great pictures.
This is the album open. The pages are about 5x5.
All porpoise pages for journaling or pictures - I cut out two of each pullout - sandwiched them together to make a tab. I used black so it was easy, if you use patterned paper make sure to use your flip button to get the pretty paper on the outside on both sides of the tab. You can put as many inserts into the openings as you need. There is a SU tab punch that could be used and then write on the tab what's on the insert paper.
This came together quickly and could be made thicker with more bags. It could be set for any theme. I was thinking Jackson could take this one with him to his first day of kindergarten in the fall.


Now it's your turn....How are you celebrating summer????  Be ready to share with us on Wednesday here at Betty Bee's Buzz!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. Please check out my blog...I have an award for you here.

http://priscrafteeescape.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-third-award-cricut-tastic.html

June Houck said...

Very cute, Judy!