Monday, July 4, 2011

Wave the Flag!!! Monday Motivational July 4, 2011

Welcome to our Monday Motivational, and we hope you had a great weekend!  Many are still celebrating today, and are looking forward to a lot of fireworks tonight! 

Our feature today is by HoneyBee Judy, as she shares a very patriotic Red, White and Blue card, and layers on lots of textures.  Show us your COLORS!

Welcome to Betty Bee's Buzz! Happy Fourth of July!This week's Monday Motivational is about our Flag.
Judy Ford
Use a Flag, Banner or Bunting on your project and link it up with us!
it's also a color challenge so show off your best RED, WHITE AND BLUE!!!

For my card I started with my House Mouse Stamp that I colored with my
 Copic markers!!!
I took a great class on copic markers from Betty Brett!!! She showed me how to do shading and perspective and look around me at all the colors and how light plays off different items!!   She rocks!
               I used my SU Keynote Die and then my Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Embossing Folder.
I think it looks like the wind is really swirling by the flag.
Then I used a MS Edge Punch on 4 different patriotic papers for the background!!
This card uses lots of layers, but it goes together quickly and with a lot of pride!!!
Inside is the following computer generated phrase
"The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it.  The American flag flies from the last breath of each military memberwho has died protecting it.American soldiers don't fight because they hate what is in front of them.  They fight because they love what's behind them!"
Support our Troops!
God Bless the USA!!!
Now it's your turn! Wave the Flag, and/or pick Red, White, and Blue, and show us your project by linking up at Betty Bee's Buzz on Wednesday!
                                                                      ***************


Photobucket

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Great job Judy!!! I so love the little house mouse designs.. It's is a beautiful card!!!

Rosemary said...

Judy, your card is awesome!! Love your coloring..Yes, Betty is a great teacher!!

Judy Ford said...

Thanks fellow honeybees!